- The to be read book pile (whether a physical book pile or virtual book pile) of a voracious reader. Particularly readers that impulse buy multiple books in one trip and haven’t finished their TBR pile from that previous impulse book haul. Like myself.
Jessie’s TBR pile is out of control. She really needs to stay away from used book stores. And new book stores. And the Kindle store. Basically anywhere that sells paper with a bunch of words on it stuffed between thicker paper so they are all held together because she has no self control and zero shame.
This year is already starting too fast for me. I have a million things going on at work, outside of work, and everywhere in between. I start grad school back up next week. The new year is signaling all sorts of new projects at work. I am studying for three huge tests that are incredibly hard to pass the first time….. And I have this new side project that keeps me up at night thinking about the future.
I’ve spent the last four days trying to organize my overwhelmingly large TBR pile and gear up for some wild months ahead. Vegas in two weeks. San Francisco in two months. Europe in four months. Anywhere else that comes up in the interim. Because something always comes up.
I have some really exciting stuff coming up! But, that aside, I need to actually get everything planned out in order to execute said exciting stuff. And that started with going through my TBR pile (I should just call it a TBR bookcase at this point). I wouldn’t say that the entirety of the book case are TBR books because I’ve definitely powered through quite a few of them.
There you have it. My TBR bookcase. Or booksplosion depending on how you decide to look at it. So eclectic. So over run with Stephen King. I love it.
I narrowed down my TBR pile for January to three books. Not a goal, or a part of my new resolution, but three books that have my attention currently. Without further ado, I present my January TBR pile:
- The Gunslinger by Stephen King
- I am hoping to finish this entire series this year. And I absolutely cannot WAIT to see Idris Elba crush it as Roland *swoon*.
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson
- Post coming soon!
- Queen’s Gambit by Elizabeth Fremantle
- Got about half way through this and abandoned ship. Going to give it a second shot with an open mind.
- Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone by our lord and savior J. K. Rowling.
- Re-reading Harry is a part of the Harry Potter Chapter a Day Challenge from Litsy. So 1 HP chapter a day on top of my other reads.
I am already about half way through The Gunslinger. The forces against me trying to finish this book have been many. Like, for instance, on Christmas Eve when I traditionally read an entire book in one sitting. I was so prepared to power through Roland’s journey to the tower. The wiring in my apartment? Not so much. I got about 35 pages in and the lights went out. I sat in a dark house, on one of the coldest nights I’ve experienced in the Bay and I was alone. Without power. On Christmas Eve. No thank you.
Alright, time to get this Book Nerd to bed. I’ve got my Harry Potter chapter to finish up! Hope everyone is having a great first week back to reality!